|Minimum Age||18 years +|
|Requirements||- Certificated Divemaster
- Health and Safety Executive (HSE) diving medical
- Have been a certified diver for at least 6 months and have completed and logged at least 100 dives
- Proof of CPR training within the last 2 years
- Submit documentation of any equivalent certification.
- If an equivalent certification is already on file, PADI members do not need to re-submit.
- Full Scuba equipment
The purpose of the PADI Instructor Development Course is to prepare the Instructor candidate to work as a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor. The course goal is to develop the leadership and teaching ability of the PADI Instructor and prepare them for teaching PADI courses after the successful completion of the Instructor Examination (I.E.)
The PADI IDC provides a professional learning experience in which you will learn how to teach diving, utilising the most successful program in existence - the PADI system of diver education. Not only will you learn how to teach in the classroom, pool and open water environments, you will also learn how to effectively use PADI's teaching aids and instructional support materials.
When you complete this PADI IDC, you will have been trained and prepared to attend a PADI Instructor Examination, the final step towards your PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor Certification. You will also be equipped with an excellent understanding of the diving industry, scuba course promotional techniques, progressive instructional methods and state of the art diving information.